AIS Class B Transponder CSB200-S with Antenna Splitter
PRODUCT CODE: CS-001-1019
The Comar AIS Class B Transponder CSB200-S with Antenna Splitter is a compact and rugged AIS Transponder, designed for the demands of the small commercial boat, fishing boat and leisure markets. It meets the Class ‘B’ standard that allows vessels that are not required to fit Class ‘A’ units to voluntarily fit an AIS Transponder. When connected to an external VHF antenna and a GPS antenna (not supplied), the CSB200-S will transmit its own vessel position and data and receive information from other AIS vessels, shore stations and navigational aids within VHF range.
The built-in Antenna Splitter allows the unit to share a single VHF antenna with a VHF radiotelephone, eliminating the need for a second VHF antenna on the vessel and reducing installation time and cost. Additionally, the unit has an FM radio output for monitoring public service FM radio broadcasts.
The unit is initially programmed by the user with the supplied software over a USB interface. The AIS Class B Transponder CSB200-S with Antenna Splitter is compatible with a range of computer‑based navigation programs and chart plotters that can accept AIS data sentences over a NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 connection.
- Built-in Antenna Splitter eliminates the need to install a second VHF antenna on a vessel.
- Redesigned compact housing.
- NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 compatible.
- Automatic transmission of vessels own position, speed and heading to other vessels within VHF range.
- A method of monitoring the position, speed and heading of other AIS vessels within VHF range.
- The ability to plot the progress, changes in heading and speed of other AIS vessels on a PC or Chart Plotter.
- Transmitter OFF facility to conserve power, or for covert use.
- Supplied: CSB200-S Transponder; trunnion bracket; power, data and programming cables; installation software.
- Required: GPS Receive Antenna AG100 for AIS re-transmission of Vessel Position.
- Required: AIS Antenna.
- Small commercial boat, fishing boat and leisure markets.
- Meets the Class ‘B’ international standard that allows vessels that are not required to fit Class ‘A’ transponders to voluntarily (or otherwise) fit an AIS transponder.
- Weight: 600 g
- Dimensions: L 135 x W 128 x H 50 mm (excl. connectors & bracket)
- Mounting: To flat surface with supplied trunnion mount
- Power: 2-core captive cable, 1 m
- Antenna: SO239 UHF Connector
- VHF R/T: SO239 UHF Connector
- GPS Antenna: TNC Connector
- FM Radio Out: RCA Phono Connector
- Data In/Out: 9-pin D-sub Connector
- NMEA 2000: 5-pin; 2x Data; 2x 12 V dc Power; 1x Shield
- USB: USB 2.0 Type B Connector
- Construction: Extruded aluminium alloy
- Finish: Black paint
- Power Supply: 12 V dc (9.6 – 15.6 V dc); 500 mA; 4 W nominal
- Peak Power: 2 A
- Data output: NMEA 0183: 38,400 and 4,800 Baud
- VHF Receiver: Transmitter x1; Receiver x2; one receiver time shared between AIS & DSC
- VHF Antenna Impedance: 50 Ω
- Frequency Range: 156.025 – 162.025 MHz in 25 kHz steps
- Channel Bandwidth: 25 kHz
- Channel Steps: 25 kHz
- Display: Discrete Indicator LEDs
- Data Received: Class ‘A’ and Class ‘B’ AIS Transmissions Safety messages • Aids to Navigation
- Data Transmitted: Name of Vessel • MMSI Number • Position • Speed (SOG) • Course (COG) • Type of Vessel • Call Sign • Heading • Vessel Dimensions
- GPS Antenna Impedance: 50 Ω
- Indicators: On, TX, RX, Status, TX Timeout, Error, TX Off
- IP rating: IP40
- Operating temp: -25°C to +55°C
- Compass: Safe Distance 50 cm
- Approvals: IEC 62287-1 Class B; EN-60945; IEC 61162-1; IEC 61108-1; EN 301 843-1 v2.1; EN 50383; EN 60950-1; ITU-RM.1371-1; CE European; BSH Germany