AIS-SART Search and Rescue Transmitter
PRODUCT CODE: ET-409-0018
The em-trak AIS-SART Search and Rescue Transmitter is IMO SOLAS / Wheelmark certified. The em-trak AIS SART100 can be stored undisturbed, for up to five years and be instantly operational in the event of an emergency. Each unit is supplied as standard with a bulk head mounting bracket, grab bag and mounting pole. Extremely rugged and waterproof, the AIS-SART Search and Rescue Transmitter SART100 will not let you down when you need it most in an emergency.
An AIS SART transmits a text broadcast (message 14) of either ‘SART TEST’ or ‘ACTIVE SART’. When active the unit also transmits a position message (message 1 with a ‘Navigation Status’ = 14) in a burst of 8 messages once per minute. All categories of AIS SARTs will be displayed on IMO-mandated shipboard navigation displays.
This unique AIS-SART Search and Rescue Transmitter technology contributes to a more efficient, less time consuming SAR operation, due to the high position accuracy.
Radar SART and the AIS-SART can now both be used as “Search and rescue locating devices” according to IMO SOLAS Amendment in Resolution MSC.256(84) giving the ship owner full freedom to choose either product as required by SOLAS Chapter III, Regulation 2.2.
- Internationally SOLAS / Wheelmark certified.
- Toughened IPx68 waterproof.
- High performance integrated GPS and VHF antennas.
- Rugged, water, dust, vibration proof design.
- 5 years minimum continuous standby.
- Intelligent battery management.
- Small and lightweight.
- Easy to install, easy to use in an emergency.
- Bracket and pole system fits all life boat types.
- Three (3) year conditional warranty.