AIS Tester M1
PRODUCT CODE: MM-ATM1
AIS Tester M1 is professional test equipment for surveyors, classification societies and administrative authorities. The AIS Tester M1 is used for verification testing of AIS Class A, Class B, Base Station Station and AIS-SART (Search and Rescue Transceiver). Pilot Port and NMEA sensor interface testing functionality is included.
The AIS Tester M1 is designed in accordance ITU R M-1371-3, IEC 61993-2 and IMO SC MSC.1/Circ.1252, “Guidelines on annual testing of the AIS unit”.
Test results are displayed on the LCD screen. The results can be stored in memory and downloaded to a PC or laptop. Test reports can thereafter be printed.
It complies to the requirements of IMO Resolution MSC.308(88), regulation 18.9 which states “The automatic identification system (AIS) shall be subject to an annual test. The test shall be conducted by an approved surveyor or an approved testing or servicing facility. The test shall verify the correct programming of the ship static information, correct data exchange with connected sensors as well as verifying the radio performance by radio frequency measurement and on-air test using, e.g., a Vessel Traffic Service (VTS). A copy of the test report shall be retained on board the ship”.
- Measure AIS frequencies (on channels 1, 2).
- Measure or estimate the AIS transmitted power (on channels 1, 2).
- Receive and decode the AIS messages.
- Send the data to AIS stations.
- Pass the DSC polling information (channel 70).
- Check AIS answer to so called “virtual vessel”.
- Simulate NMEA data transmissions.
- Simulate AIS data transmissions, such as ship’s name, position, length, course, speed, power and beam.
- Transmit and receive the DSC messages of different types for VHF stations.
- Check the AIS-SART operation facilities.
- Receive the data from pilot plug or external sensors.
- AIS Tester M1
- PC Cable (USB A – USB A) 1.5m
- PC Cable (DB9 – NMEA ) with open wires
- RF Cable TNC-TNC
- RF Cable BNC-BNC
- RF Connector BNC-UHF
- Technical Description and User Manual (English)
- Software and software user’s guide manual
- Cable (DB9 – NMEA) with ready output for connection to pilot plug (Pilot plug cable) – optional
- Calibration certificate (re-calibration required very 2 years)
- Antenna to make measurements through broadcast